Wednesday 16 January 2013

feature page layout


I created a pink leopard print strip border at the top of my double spread feature page, I then placed the title of the page 'high street fashion' over lapping it. I used the dark pink colour and a think black outline so the title stands out from the border. At first I thought that it would be a good idea to have my first picture near the middle of the page. But then I changed it to the far left side as I didn't think i would be able to fit another picture in the gap as it would look to squashed. 


I decided that the pictures by themselves would be too plain so I thought it would be a good idea to put a coloured feature behind them. I placed rectangles behind the photos and rotated them so they were at an angle were you could only see a bit of it. At first I chose the pink rectangles, but then i realised that there was becoming to much pink on the page and it would have been too overwhelming so I changed it to black. The black background makes the picture stand out more as everything else on the page is pink themed. 





The use of my guideline rulers mean that i can line up the pictures so they are along the same line and have order to them. 


In my first final feature page I numbered each picture and placed the text to go with them in the bottom right hand corner which were numbered the same as the picture that accompanied them. I placed a picture n the middle of the page, this is my feature picture, therefore i chose that pink background for it so its a different shape to the rest and a different colour. The size and position of the picture means it is the first thing that people will see when they open the page. 

I decided I was going to change my pictures on my feature page because they were all made with different effects. I changed them all so they were the same, the effect I used was paint daubs i changed the brush size to 2, the sharpness to 7  and the brush type to simple. I also decided that i was going to change one of the pictures and the positioning of them all so i could place the text for them with the picture it relates to. 







2 comments:

  1. I'm getting a better sense of how your layout will look. The pages at the top of this post are the wrong shape though. Are you working in an A3 document?

    There's still a lot to do but it's coming along. Have you looked in my Smash Hits book as there's a touch of 80's about your design so you could find it useful as an influence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, I'm not sure if this is your finished design yet as there's no annotation. I think it will work better if the text is positioned with each image rather than all in the same corner.

    Ask me about how you can adjust the colour of your photos. This will help them match better.

    ReplyDelete