Thursday 10 January 2013

improved illustration page


I decided i was going to change the illustration page around, instead of having the red converse as a whole background i chose to have it as a corner feature instead. I wanted to try and theme my page so I went with red. I added in my text and broke it up into 3 smaller sections, each section either started from the left side, center or right side so it wasnt all one big block of text. 

For the title of the page i decided to experiment with different effects and although the theme of the page was red i thought the black text would make it stand out against the rest. I tested 3 different effects on the titles and wrote it 'matthew midgley' out in all of them to see which one looked best. 


 1

  2


 3 

After my experiment and trying all 3 effects i decided that number 2 looked best on the page against the white background and feature corner and was a great contrast with the red. I like the spray paint effect because it also reflects on the effect on the feature corner. 


I editted matthew midgleys work on the converse boot in photoshop so it would fit with the red them and then placed it on the page in position, i found the picture fitted in nicely next to the text and angle of the title. 



2 comments:

  1. Much improved layout but don't forget to annotate as I don't know the reasons for your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best to stick to the original blue for Midgley's converse if you're advertising his work. Can you change your background if you want to match them match?

    This layout should be completed and ready to print now.

    ReplyDelete