Wednesday 18 December 2013

Harvey Nichols Analysis


This window display was made for Harvey Nichols, It shows 2 manikins modelling a range of clothes for the store. The window its self looks very bright at first glance, the lighting is quite red and bring out the colouring of the pinks and oranges of the flowers that are inside the window. 
The flowers are made quite big, they remind me of the stage set work designed by Cameron Mackintosh, the set up is very theatrical especially with the props and lighting. The top of the window display is lit much brighter than further down the bottom, I think this is because the flowers are mostly more crowded around the top and without the lights brightening the window it would have been made very dark. I think the bottom half of the window is a bit more empty than the top but I think this is because the outfits modelled by the manikin start where the flowers seem to stop, this may have been done so the flowers didn't take the audiences eyes away from the outfits which is what they are meant to be focusing on. I definitely think that the window would be able to be seen from quite a distance & i can imagine that it would look just as effective in the daytime as it does in the night time as shown in this picture. I don't think that this window has a story behind it I think it just has a theme of bright flowers, this theme reflects the windows target audience which I'm sure is females. The theme is very girly and that is backed up with the items that are being advertised in the window which are dresses, I can also see pairs of high heels on the floor of the window display. 
When I first saw the window display it was just a burst of bright colours, the flower background has all been overlapped so you can't see the back of the window, they have thought about the set up and how it works, I think that the window itself would look different depending in what angle you looked at it from. I think the flowers have been made out of coloured card, but some look as though they have been embellished swell to make the centre of the flower. 
Overall I think that the window display would definitely work well for the target audience and it would catch peoples eyes if you were walking down the street, although I think that it would work slightly better in the dark due to the extra lighting make the window much brighter in the places it needs to be which would be much harder to do in the daytime due to the light already there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment