Sunday 25 November 2012

final evaluation


1. Write an explanation of your brief: What did you have to do? How did you come up with the ideas for this project?

I had to design a t-shirt using one of the experimental techniques from my developments, I came up with the ideas from the project by researching different artists. I used a caligram and a stencil technique in my final design and decided I wanted to spray paint it. I used a white t-shirt as I knew that the spray paint wouldn't show up properly on a black t-shirt.

2. Write about the creative 'journey' of the project: How did you project and ideas evolve from start to finish through experimentation and research?

I looked at different artists and the way they composed their typography pieces, I then tried to use their techniques in reading a piece of work in the style of theirs. I then researched different pieces of their work that I would have been able to gather inspiration from, along with looking at t-shirts with typography that already exsist and looking at the way they are layed out and the kind of colours that have been used.

3. Who inspired your final outcomes? You MUST talk about who has inspired your work, and include images and links of/to them!

James Hancock's stencil work is what initially inspired my work but as I wanted to include more than 1 technique  I decided to create a caligram with the inspiration from Oscar Wilson which was linked to my stencil.



















4. What saying or expression did you use? What technique did you use? Was there a link between your materials and the words used? What was it?

The saying I used was HIGH HEELS HIGH HOPES I made this out of a stencil and then spray painted using a variety of different colours, I also made a stencil of a caligram which included different type of high heel designers and the caligram was in the shape of a high heel and I spray painted it pink.



















5. What do you think you have done well? What has worked? Are you happy with your final outcome?

I think my final ideas showed I had thought about the techniques I wanted to use and how I would have linked them together. I think making a stencil out of a caligram was a hard job to do and I showed that it could be effective. I also chose the techniques of my final piece so that it was different from everyone else's. I think the rainbow colours in the spray paint for my saying made it stand out on the white t-shirt and also as the caligram was just pink it made the saying the first thing you look at. I'm happy with my final outcome as I think my ideas were unique and effective.

6. What do you think you could have improved in your final outcome?

Even though i tried to tape down some paper to cover the parts of the t-shirt I wasnt spray painting, when I took of the paper there was spray paint underneath it, if I was to do it again next time I would ensure that non of the spray paint leaked out underneath. I would also ensure that I cut the stencil out as carefully as I could as I slipped a couple of time and ended up ripping it .

7. Conclusion: Overall how did you find the project? Would you like to complete more typographic work in the future?

I found the project interesting as I didnt realise how many different ways you could make typography, the project helped me to use my imagination as although we were told what techniques we could experiment with we could use them in different ways to make them our own. Yes I think I would like to include some typography in some of the next projects we do.


No comments:

Post a Comment