Wednesday 7 November 2012

spray painting

I looked at James Hancock's spray painting and used his tutorial to create my own inspired piece. i first brainstormed some informative sayings and expressions such as:

  • Mind the gap
  • Beware
  • No entry
  • Fire exit
  • Fire hazard
  • Lives not knives
After brainstorming I decided I was going to use 'Lives not knives.' I used a bold font and cut the saying out of an A3 sheet of card which i had placed portrait. Once I had cut it all out I then cut out another stencil which would be used on top of the letters which would create a pattern. I then took the 2 sheets over to the spray paint booth and chose to use red spray paint for the letters and white spray paint for the pattern. I think this worked well because red is a very bright colour and there fore people would notice it from a distance especially against white paper and the white pattern on top made it distinctive from other red writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment