Monday 5 November 2012

paper cutting

I thought of some lyrics from songs and chose one I wanted to use in my piece. I decided on 'kiss me like you miss me.' I then wrote it out using a very bold font so it would be easy for me to use the stanley knife to cut it out. When cutting out the words I had to be careful of what pieces i was cutting out as when cutting out an 'e' it wasn't possible to keep the shape in the middle of the letter so it was just a solid shape. If i was to do this again I would think about the letters I was cutting out first and practice how they would look after cutting them out.

My piece of work was inspired by Mathilde Nivet who uses paper cutting to produce pieces of work.

An example of his work, its called Marie Helene de Taillac. 

No comments:

Post a Comment