Wednesday 6 February 2013

magazine evaluation


1. Write an explanation of your brief - what did you have to do? How did you come up with the ideas for your personal project? 

I had to design my own magazine, I used pieces of work that I created inspired by the work of other and composed a magazine where the articles included the work and my analysis. I had to design my own page layouts and house style. 

2. Write about the creative 'journey' of the project - how did the project and ideas evolve from start to finish through experimentation and research?

In my experiments i tried to include both digital and handmade techniques, each stage of the magazine and each article experimented with both. I researched different articles and front covers of fashion magazines to get an idea of what i should include in mine. I also looked at the top of the pops magazine and really liked all the bright colours and different shapes, if i was to re-do my magazine i would try and incoperate more of that design into my magazine. With my photography shoot i took loads of pictures and then edited them trying out different effects i then chose the ones i thought would be most effective and included them into my article. 

3. Who inspired your final outcomes? - You MUST talk about who has inspired your work - include images and links where possible. 

For my illustration page matthew midgley inspired my work i used his picture of the blue converse and drew it myself, i edited his photo so the converse was red and made mine red so it co-operated with the red theme of the page, 

For my photography page my work was inspired by Andrea Bricco and Henrik Bonnevier i took pictures in the style of them and then edited them on photoshop. I then put the photos in my article including the originals and wrote about how i did them. 



4. What do you think you have done well? What has worked? Are you happy with your final outcomes?

I think i thought about and planned my layouts well and i think the work produced to be included in the articles were of a high standard although im not totally happy with my final outcomes.

5. What do you think you could have improved in your final outcome? - you need to talk about something, nobody is perfect!

I think my work wasnt professional enough i should have explored more with illustrator and photoshop when composing my articles. I should have also included the top of the pops style theme as it would have shown i've researched a style and used it in my work. Also i should have used my own photography in my advertisement and spent more time on that and my front cover as i dont think they were to a standard that they could have been.

6. Conclusion - overall how did you find the project? What techniques would you like to develop further in the future?

Overall i found the project interesting as i found out how to use more tools on the computer and i think its boosted my confidence in using photoshop and illustrator although i dont think my skills are fully developed so in the future i would like to explore them more so i can create a more professional and sophisticated looking magazine as i think this is what mine lacked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment