Monday 22 October 2012

caligrams






To create these caligrams I first of all sketched an outline of my chosen object which was a guitar, I then added in some of the detail shapes that I thought would be able to fit my words in. I had to think of loads of words to do with a guitar and had to repeat some them more than once when I out them into my caligram. I then scanned my original version of my caligram into illustrator &  added the different colours into it. I created 2 different versions of my caligram using different colours to represent different types of guitars. My first version uses all different shades of brown and represents a classic guitar, my seconds version uses bright bold colours and represents a rock guitar. Out of the 2 I prefer the rock guitar version as I think it stands out more and would be good used in a poster because it would be seen from a distance and would catch peoples attention. If I was to do this again I would spend more time planning the position that the words would fit in to the main shape and would also take time to think of more words to include rather than repeating the same ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment